When it comes to comfort food, cheese is usually the first thing that comes to mind. It reminds me of all the times my mom would cook my favorite dishes when I was a kid. She’d pack me grilled cheese sandwiches for school and prepare a plate of carbonara for merienda. For homework time, she’d always make sure I had something to munch like cheesy quesadillas. It’s always these dishes that remind me of my childhood.
So if you’re looking for recipes that will satisfy your cheese cravings, try one of these recipes out:
Roasted Pimiento Cheese Spread
Makes 1 ½ Cup
3-4 Red Bell peppers
¼ cup Softened unsalted butter
¼ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup Natural Cream Cheese
1 cup Grated Natural Cheddar
1 cup Grated quick melting cheese
- Roast red bell pepper by grilling them on a grill pan or over a charcoal. Place hot peppers in a plastic bag and leave for 10-15 minutes to loosen skin. Remove peppers and peel skin off. Cut peppers in half and discard seeds. Slice peppers into strups then chop.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, mash natural cream cheese with a fork. Stir grated natural cheddar and quick-melting cheese then add to the butter mixture. Stir until well-combined.
- Mix chopped red bell peppers into the cheese mixture until well blended.
- Transfer the Roasted Pimiento Cheese Spread to a clean container or jar. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. Enjoy with pan de sal sliced bread or crackers.
Spanish Tuna and Mushroom Quesadilla
2 Tbsps Canola or vegetable oil
1 Large Onion, sliced
1 Red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 Green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 can whole Button mushrooms drained and sliced
2 cans spanish-style tuna chunks
*Large flour tortillas
2 (200g) packs Arla Finello Mozzarella Chunks grated
2-3 Tbsps Butter
- Hot sauce
- Sour Cream
- Store-bought salsa
- Pickled Jalapenos
- In a saute pan, heat cooking oil. Toss in onion and saute for 1-2 minutes. Next, add red and green bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the mushrooms and cook until heated through.
- Open cans of tuna and drain excess oil but reserve about 1-2 tablespoons of oil to flavor the mixture. Press gently to break up the tuna chunks. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a large non-stick frying pan, melt a tablespoon of butter over low heat. Lay a flour tortilla and immediately spread about ½ cup grated Arla Finello Mozzarella on one half of the circle. Spread tuna-mushroom mixture over the cheese, spreading evenly.
- Fold other half of the tortilla over the filling and continue to pan grill until light golden on both sides. Transfer to a chopping board and cut into four wedges. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve quesadilla with hot sauce, source cream, salsa and jalapenos on the side.
Fettuccine ala Carbonara
500g Dona Elena Al Dente Fettucine, cooked
2 cups Jolly Cow Fresh Milk
3 tbsp Jolly Heart Mate Canada Oil
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ cup Jolly Mushroom Pieces & Stems
30g Grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
- Sweat bacon in a pre-heated pan. Add oil and Jolly Mushroom Pieces & Stems. Stir fry until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add flour and cook until it starts to change color.
- Pour in milk and let it simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Toss in fettuccine pasta and serve with parmesan cheese.
All recipes from Appetite by One Mega Group