Whip it up
For All the Pasta Lovers
Fettucini, angel hair, ravioli and linguine—if you’re a pasta lover, you already know what’s the perfect sauce to mix with these shapes.
Pasta is one of the easiest dishes you can cook that nobody can resist. It really fills you up and usually leaves you with some leftovers— yay! But cooking pasta can get a little boring if you stick to the same old recipes. Here are some recipes you can try out with your friends and family.
Meatball and Tomato Spinach Spaghetti
Meatball and tomatoes, what’s not to love? Meatballs are definitely one of the tastiest dishes ever invented and kids love it too! Here are the ingredients to ensure your meatballs are the best:
Makes 4-6 servings
1/s kilo Ground beef
¼ cup Chopped salami or chorizo
1 Onion, chopped
¼ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup Breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to season
1 cup Olive oil
Tomato Spinach Sauce
¼ cup Olive oil
2 (400g) cans Dona Elena Whole Peeled Canned Tomatoes
½ cup White Wine
⅓ tsb Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to season
1 cup Spinach leaves, washed and drained
¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Start with the meatballs. In a bowl, combine ground beef, salami, onions, cheese, eggs and breadcrumbs. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Form into even-sized balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry meatballs in two batches until lightly gold in color. Set aside.
- Make the tomato-spinach sauce. In a large saucepot, heat olive oil. Saute onions until soft. Pour in the whole tomatoes and crush to make a chunky sauce.
- Pour in the white win. Bring mixture to a boil and then season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- When tomato sauce is cooked, add the spinach leaves and then the meatballs. Simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Serve sauce with spaghetti and plenty of grated Parmesan cheese.
Mac and Cheese
Mac ‘n cheese is practically on everyone’s fave food list. Try this fast and easy mac ‘n cheese recipe that will surely brighten up your day!
Makes 6-8 servings
¼ cup Butter
¼ cup Flour
2 ½ cups Warm milk
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Ground white pepper
¼ tsp Paprika
½ bar Cream cheese, halved
2 cups Grated cheddar
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni until al dente.
- While macaroni is cooking, prepare the cheese sauce. In a saucepot, melt butter. Add flour and cook for a minute.
- Pour in milk and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Add the cream cheese. Mix with a whisk over low heat until sauce becomes thick and smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese melts. Mix in the elbow macaroni and let cook in the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked pasta with cheese sauce to a baking dish. Top pasta with fine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and more cheddar cheese. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until top becomes bubbly and golden brown. Top with crumbled cooked bacon, if desired.
Creamy Ham and Mushroom Pasta
For all you white sauce fans, here’s one recipe you need up your sleeve. And yes, not all white-sauce dishes need to be carbonara. For this pasta recipe, it’s not just the ham that lends its delicious flavor but the mushrooms too!
Makes 7-8 servings
⅓ cup Butter
1 Tbsp Minced garlic
2 cans whole mushrooms, drained and halved (liquid reserved, about 1 cup)
½ cup Frozen green peas, blanched and drained
10 slices Sweet ham, diced
3 cups Heavy cream
3 Tbsps Sherry or brandy
½ Tsp Salt
¼ tsp White pepper
1 (500g) Dona Elena Al Dente Fusilli
1 package Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute, but do not brown. Add mushrooms and stir until heated through.
- Add chicken broth cubes and stir to dissolve. Mix in green peas and ham.
- Pour cream and continue cooking over low heat. Add water from canned mushrooms and sherry. Simmer for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Once Cream and Mushroom sauce is cooked, mix in cooked fusilli pasta and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
There you go, pasta lovers! Enjoy!
All recipes from Appetite by One Mega Group