Dinner inspo: Mushroom Burger Patties
Looking for some last minute dinner inspo? Zhuzh up your leftover mushrooms with this easy peasy mushroom burger patty recipe. It’s a surefire way to get your kids’ minds off any fast food cravings AND a healthier take on the regular hamburger. Our top tip? Serve it with a generous helping of sweet potato fries. You’re welcome.
Mushroom Burger Patties
Makes 3-4 Servings
2 Tbsps Olive Oil
2 Tbsps Butter
3 Cloves Garlic minced
½ kilo Fresh white button and/or brown shiitake mushrooms, chopped
¼ tsp Ground black pepper
½ tsp Garlic powder
2 Tbsps Flour
½ cup Fine breadcrumbs
½ cup Quick-cooking rolled oats
½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp Yellow mustard
*Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large saute pan, heal olive oil and butter over medium heat. Saute onion and fragrant, then add minced garlic. Cook for about a minute then add the mushrooms.Toss mushroom with a mixing spoon every now and then. Allow to cook until they wilt down, about five minutes.
2. Season mushrooms with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Continue to simmer until some of the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
3. Next, mix in flour and cook for another minute. Turn off heat. Allow mixture to cool and then refrigerate 1-2 hours.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine chilled mushrooms with breadcrumbs, oats, grated Parmesan cheese and egg. Add Worcestershire sauce and mustard, then mix well.
5. Moisten hands with water from patties by hand. For big burgers, use ½ cup of the mixture and for small burgers, use ¼ cup of the mixture.
6. Fry mushroom burger patties in vegetable oil until golden on both sides.
Toast burger buns and slather open side with wasabi mayonnaise (2Tbsps Japanese mayonnaise + 1 tsp wasabi paste). Pile on the lettuce, tomatoes and onion rings as desired then top with the fried mushroom burger. Serve with ketchup and mustard.
Recipe from Appetite by One Mega Group