Having a great, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe up your sleeve is essential—regardless of whether you’re a mom of two young kids who are constantly snacking or just someone who loves experimenting in the kitchen. After all, chocolate chip cookies are easily everyone’s favorite cookie—versatile enough to serve alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream or to be eaten on its own—it’s always a crowd pleaser in any household.
A chocolate chip recipe so easy your kids could whip it up themselves
The best thing about this chocolate chip cookie recipe is that it’s so easy to follow and requires very little effort. Don’t have a fancy Kitchenaid mixer? Don’t worry—a simple fork will do. This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe uses melted butter and sugar, which takes out half the work. Also, there’s no need to freeze the dough for 24 hours—just 40 minutes in the freezer will do, so make sure you’ve got the room before you stick your mixing bowl in!
The easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe ever
– 1/4 cup butter
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup and 6 tsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 bag of chocolate chips or 1 big bar of dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
cookie sheet/baking tray
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- Using a small pan, melt butter on the stove. When it starts to bubble, add both sugars. Stir, take it off the heat and let it cool.
- While the butter and sugars mixture is cooling, mix the flour, baking soda and powder, salt in the mixing bowl.
- In the small bowl, whisk the egg and then add the vanilla. Combine this with the butter and sugars mixture.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips—be generous!
- After mixing everything, stick your mixing bowl in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto your cookie sheet and space it out enough so the chocolate chip cookies can spread. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes!
Enjoy with a glass of cold milk or ice cream. Sharing is optional. Enjoy!